All over our coastal town, a big blob of high pressure is keeping out the cool ocean breezes and keeping us sweating. How are you surviving?
Here’s what I do.
- Open up door and windows, try to catch a cross breeze.
- Take a cool shower. Wash hair, or at least soak it. For the last minute, just run cold water.
- Before your body core temp rises again, dig out the electric fan.
- Set it up in front of an open window and angle it just right.
- Drape a wet towel over it and set it going.
- Dump ice cubes in a bowl, add water to cover, and add a washcloth.
- Sit in front of fan, with bowl nearby. With washcloth, bathe face, neck, and insides of elbows and knees every few minutes. Replenish ice as necessary.
- Play music recorded in an old, dim, damp cathedral. Gregorian chants are good. Close eyes.
Please post any good tips in the comments!