The iPod Touch is awesome. Even better: customizing, of course. D’ya like my iPod wallpaper by Nikkie McClure?
Now, let’s make our gadgets even more useful and fun. I’ve saved you time by collecting some of the best mobile Web apps for you.
Open this blog post on your iPhone/Touch and click on the Web app link you’re interested in.
When you find an app you like, save it to your iPhone/Touch, either as a bookmark or as an icon on your home screen.
Excellent mobile Web apps
- To-do lists and reminders: Remember The Milk
- Reading newsfeeds: NewsGator (nicer than Google Reader)
- Saving Web pages to read later: Instapaper
- Bookmarking pages to your own rss feed (so you can publish the feed on your blog, for example): Magnolia
- Mobile Wikipedia
- Twitter: PocketTweets (nicer than mobile Twitter)
- Instant messaging: JiveTalk
- Netflix for movies
- Google for your docs, and a form for super-easy data entry to your spreadsheet
- Game to pass the time in the airport: Bejeweled
Electronic faith healing?
By the way, about my earlier iPod complaints: Apple fixed my iPod Touch. Rather, they claimed they couldn’t reproduce the bad headphone jack problem, and shipped it back to me. Steve Jobs or Johnathan Ive must have waved their magic hands over it, though, ’cause it’s healed.